Today, most of the major airlines have a website whereby you can book reservations online without going through complex phone menus or waiting on the terminal hold listening to bad music or dealing with the reservation agents. Many of the airlines even offer discounted fare for those who book online available through their website.
If you seek for your time and convenience then price is not much important but though a driving factor. While you make your airline reservation online you will be asked to fill an online application form with your personal details such as name and address and you have to select a username and password. Airlines such as the southwest provide convenience to its travelers with discounted airfares when they book it online.
General steps for online booking
1. You should go to the official website of the airlines such southwest airlines.
2. Next you have to click the reservations tab to start the online reservation process.
3. The standard reservation system will ask you to select your options regarding the place where you want to travel. It includes the departure and arrival place and return. It will also ask you for the time and date you plan to travel. Other information includes about the number of persons supposed to travel and lastly any discount code you have earned earlier.
4. Next you will be asked to select the departing and returning flight from a number of options available at that moment of time.
5. You will get special fares, restricted fares and refundable fares to choose from the given list. After you choose the flight and price you will be asked to apply for the online reservation if you accept all the conditions for the travel for fare types mentioned in the website and accordingly you can make purchase if you reside in US or out of US.